Emmanuel Lutheran Church
Fort Wayne IN, 46802
"For it is by grace you have been saved, through faith - and this is not from yourselves, it is the gift of God..."
- Ephesians 2:8
Congregational Goal for Outreach Ministry
We equip, train and empower all members to share the saving Gospel of Jesus Christ.
Outreach Ministry Purpose Statement
We motivate and challenge all of our members to respond to Christ's love by sharing the saving Gospel of Jesus Christ with all people and to reflect the love of Christ in daily living
Outreach Impact Ministries: GOALS AND OBJECTIVES
We equip each member to joyfully and effectively share the saving Gospel of Jesus with all
Objectives: The Equipping Action Team will...
- Offer educational opportunities for witness training during 2013-2014
- Encourage quarterly preaching on witnessing.
Indiana Tech Lutheran Student Organization
In conjunction with other LCMS churches in Fort Wayne, we will work with students at Indiana Tech to facilitate a Lutheran student organization.
Objectives: The Indiana Tech Action Team will…
- Work with students to initiate and serve a Lutheran student organization.
- Connect students to local congregations for participation in Word and Sacrament ministry.
- Provide weekly Bible studies for students.
- Facilitate gatherings for those in the organization.
We increase awareness in our members of local, national, and world-wide mission opportunities.
Objectives: The Mission Awareness Action Team will...
- Identify diverse cultures within our community and inform our members of ways to become involved.
- Identify and inform our members of one-day mission events in Fort Wayne, one-week mission trips to other parts of the United States, and one to two-week international mission trips with established ministry partners.
- Provide opportunities for the adoption of U.S. and foreign missions and missionaries including a mission partnership with St. Augustine Lutheran Church in Fort Wayne.
- Plan, promote, and oversee a Mission emphasis in our worship services on weekends that feature a fifth Sunday.
Summer of Service (S.O.S.)
We break down barriers to the church by reaching out to the West Central Neighborhood and greater Fort Wayne community with hands-on acts of service during the summer months.
Objectives: The S.O.S. Action Team will...
- Work with West Central Neighborhood Association and community non-profit organizations to find appropriate service projects.
- Coordinate, promote and oversee all service projects.
- Recruit Emmanuel members to serve in S.O.S.
We provide Christ-centered tracts for distribution in the sanctuary and other tract racks.
Washington School Birthday Bunch
We provide opportunities for Emmanuel members to minister to Washington School students through Birthday Bunch.
Objectives: The Washington School Birthday Bunch Action Team will...
- Pray for the students and teachers in the classroom they sponsor.
- Give birthday cards to the students and teachers in the classroom they sponsor.
- Provide monthly birthday treats for the students and teachers in the classroom they sponsor.
Washington School Lunch Buddies
We provide opportunities for Emmanuel members to build personal relationships with Washington School students through the Lunch Buddies program.
Objectives: The Washington School Lunch Buddies Action Team will...
- Work with Big Brothers / Big Sisters organization to coordinate the program.
- Recruit Lunch Buddies from Emmanuel.
- Connect volunteers with Big Brothers / Big Sisters leaders.
Washington School Project Reads
We provide opportunities for Emmanuel members and students from Emmanuel-St. Michael School to be mentors and support people to Washington School students through the Project Reads program.
Objectives: The Washington School Project Reads Action Team will...
- Work with the Project Reads Program Coordinator to organize the program.
- Recruit Project Reads volunteers from Emmanuel and Emmanuel-St. Michael.
- Connect volunteers with Project Reads Coordinator.
- Provide training for volunteers.
Washington School Supplies
We provide opportunities for Emmanuel members to assist Washington School students to have the school supplies they need.
Objectives: The Washington School Supplies Action Team will...
- Work with Washington School to determine supplies needed.
- Acquire and deliver the school supplies before school registration.
- Ask Emmanuel members and community agencies to contribute toward the costs of school supplies.
- Provide Emmanuel brochures to each Washington School family.
Washington School Winter Clothes
We provide opportunities for Emmanuel members to minister to Washington School students by providing winter clothes to Washington students who need them.
Objectives: The Washington School Winter Clothes Action Team will...
- Work with Washington School to determine clothes needed.
- Make needs known to Emmanuel members so they can respond.
- Collect and deliver the clothes to Washington School.
West Central Block Party
We provide opportunities for Emmanuel members to connect with members of the West Central Neighborhood.
Objectives: The West Central Block Party Action Team will...
- Make arrangements for a summer block party.
- Provide food and entertainment which allows West Central Neighbors and Emmanuel members an opportunity to connect.
- Provide and share church brochures and Christian literature.
West Central Prayer Walks
We sponsor community prayer walks to meet people in our neighborhood and learn about the needs of the community.
Objectives: The West Central Prayer Walk Action Team will...
- Make arrangements for community prayer walks.
- Follow-up on needs identified.
West Central Transformation
We work with the West Central Neighborhood Association and other partnering organizations, including the City of Fort Wayne, to transform "Area 3" of the West Central Plan into a safe and vibrant neighborhood.
Objectives: The West Central Transformation Action Team will...
- Pursue the development of a plan for neighborhood transformation in Area 3.
- Build partnership with the City of Fort Wayne and neighborhood organizations.
- Work with the West Central Neighborhood Association to strengthen our relationship.
West Central Trunk or Treat
We provide opportunities for Emmanuel members to connect with the children and families of the West Central Neighborhood by sharing treats on Halloween in the Emmanuel parking lot.
Objectives: The West Central Trunk or Treat Action Team will...
- Make arrangements for the event.
- Provide Information to Emmanuel members so they can participate.
- Provide and share church brochures and Christian tracts.
Worship Visitor Follow-up
We follow up by phone call and/or in writing with those visitors who have worshiped with us recently.
Objectives: The Worship Visitor Follow-up Action Team will...
- Establish and maintain a weekly follow-up phone or email contact with people who were visitors at one of our weekend worship services.
- Establish and maintain a team of writers who pen and send handwritten notes to the visitors at one of our weekend worship services as needed.
Impact Ministries and Leaders
Outreach Ministry Deacon: Diane Witzeman
Outreach Ministry Staff Representative: Vicar Greg Bauch
|Equipping Ministry||Vicar Bauch|
|Indiana Tech Lutheran Student Organizatio||Vicar Bauch|
|Mission Awareness||Vicar Bauch|
|Summer of Service (S.O.S)||
|Tract Minisrty||Michael Huesner|
|Vacation Bible School (VBS)||Kristen Labahn|
|Washington School Birthday Bunch||John & Jan Reche
|Washington School Lunch Buddies||Big Brothers/Big Sisters|
|Washington School Project Reads||Becky Paulsen|
|Washington School Supplies||Shirley Pace|
|Washington School Winter Clothes||Dick Shively|
|West Central Block Party||Anita Kuker|
|West Central Prayer Walks||Judy Coles|
|West Central Transformation||
|West Central Trunk or Treat||Vicar Bauch|
|Worship Visitor Follow-up||