Congregational Goal for Outreach Ministry
We equip, train and empower all members to share the saving Gospel of Jesus Christ.
Outreach Ministry Purpose Statement
We motivate and challenge all of our members to respond to Christ’s love by sharing the saving Gospel of Jesus Christ with all people and to reflect the love of Christ in daily living.
Outreach Impact Ministries: Goals and Objectives
We equip each member to joyfully and effectively share the saving Gospel of Jesus with all people.
Objectives: The Equipping Action Team will…
- Offer educational opportunities for witness training during 2015-2016.
- Encourage quarterly preaching on witnessing.
We increase awareness in our members of local, national, and world-wide mission opportunities.
Objectives: The Mission Taskforce Action Team will…
- Identify diverse cultures within our community and inform our members of ways to become involved.
- Identify and inform our members of one-day mission events in Fort Wayne, one-week mission trips to other parts of the United States, and one to two-week international mission trips with established ministry partners.
- Provide opportunities for the adoption of U.S. and foreign missions and missionaries including a mission partnership with St. Augustine Lutheran Church in Fort Wayne.
- Plan, promote, and oversee a Mission emphasis in our worship services on weekends that feature a fifth Sunday.
Summer of Service (S.O.S.)
We break down barriers to the church by reaching out to the West Central Neighborhood and greater Fort Wayne community with hands-on acts of service during the summer months.
Objectives: The S.O.S. Action Team will…
- Work with West Central Neighborhood Association and community non-profit organizations to find appropriate service projects.
- Coordinate, promote and oversee all service projects.
- Recruit Emmanuel members to serve in S.O.S.
Thirteen Step House Outreach
We provide spiritual support to the people involved in drug and alcohol recovery programs through the Thirteen Step Houses in our neighborhood.
Objectives: The Thirteen Step House Action Team will…
- Lead regular Bible studies at the center meeting room.
- Pray for the people served by the Thirteen Step House.
We provide Christ-centered tracts for distribution in the sanctuary and other tract racks.
Washington School Lunch Buddies
We provide opportunities for Emmanuel members to build personal relationships with Washington School students through the Lunch Buddies program.
Objectives: The Washington School Lunch Buddies Action Team will…
- Work with Big Brothers / Big Sisters organization to coordinate the program.
- Recruit Lunch Buddies from Emmanuel.
- Connect volunteers with Big Brothers / Big Sisters leaders.
Washington School Project Reads
We provide opportunities for Emmanuel members and students from Emmanuel-St. Michael School to be mentors and support people to Washington School students through the Project Reads program.
Objectives: The Washington School Project Reads Action Team will…
- Work with the Project Reads Program Coordinator to organize the program.
- Recruit Project Reads volunteers from Emmanuel and Emmanuel-St. Michael.
- Connect volunteers with Project Reads Coordinator.
- Provide training for volunteers.
Washington School Santa Shop
We provide opportunities for Emmanuel members to help Washington School students purchase and wrap Christmas gifts for their family members through the PTA Santa Shop.
Objectives: The Washington School Santa Shop Action Team will…
- Contact the Washington School PTA representative in October to identify the Santa Shop schedule.
- Recruit Emmanuel volunteers to serve as hosts and gift wrappers during the Santa Shop week.
Washington School Supplies
We provide opportunities for Emmanuel members to assist Washington School students to have the school supplies they need.
Objectives: The Washington School Supplies Action Team will…
- Work with Washington School to determine supplies needed.
- Acquire and deliver the school supplies before school begins.
- Ask Emmanuel members and community agencies to contribute toward the costs of school supplies.
- Provide Emmanuel brochures to each Washington School family.
Washington School Winter Clothes
We provide opportunities for Emmanuel members to minister to Washington School students by providing winter clothes to Washington students who need them.
Objectives: The Washington School Winter Clothes Action Team will…
- Work with Washington School to determine clothes needed.
- Make needs known to Emmanuel members so they can respond.
- Collect and deliver the clothes to Washington School.
West Central Block Party
We provide opportunities for Emmanuel members to connect with members of the West Central Neighborhood.
Objectives: The West Central Block Party Action Team will…
- Make arrangements for a summer block party.
- Provide food and entertainment which allows West Central Neighbors and Emmanuel members an opportunity to connect.
- Provide and share information on the Christian faith and Emmanuel.
West Central Prayer Walks
We sponsor community prayer walks to meet people in our neighborhood and learn about the needs of the community.
Objectives: The West Central Prayer Walk Action Team will…
- Make arrangements for community prayer walks.
- Follow-up on needs identified.
West Central Transformation
We work with the West Central Neighborhood Association and other partnering organizations, including the City of Fort Wayne, to transform “Area 3” of the West Central Plan into a safe and vibrant neighborhood.
Objectives: The West Central Transformation Action Team will…
- Pursue the development of a plan for neighborhood transformation in Area 3.
- Build partnerships with the City of Fort Wayne and neighborhood organizations.
- Work with the West Central Neighborhood Association to strengthen our relationship.
Worship Visitor Follow-up
We follow up by phone call and/or in writing with those visitors who have worshiped with us recently.
Objectives: The Worship Visitor Follow-up Action Team will…
- Establish and maintain a weekly follow-up phone or email contact with people who were visitors at one of our weekend worship services.
- Establish and maintain a team of writers who send handwritten notes to the visitors at one of our weekend worship services as needed.
Impact Ministries and Leaders
Outreach Ministry Deacon: Diane Witzeman
Outreach Ministry Staff Representative: Pastor Thmos A. Eggold (423-1369)
|Equipping Ministry||Pastor Eggold|
|Mission Taskforce||Pastor Eggold|
|Summer of Service (S.O.S)||
|Thirteen Step House Outreach||
|Tract Minisrty||Michael Huesner|
|Washington School Birthday Bunch||Leader Needed|
|Washington School Lunch Buddies||Leader Needed|
|Washington School Project Reads||Becky Paulsen|
|Washington School Santa Shop||Leader Needed|
|Washington School Supplies||Pastor Eggold|
|Washington School Winter Clothes||Dick Shively|
|West Central Block Party||Leader Needed|
|West Central Prayer Walks||Judy Coles|
|West Central Transformation||
|Worship Visitor Follow-up||